For an HVAC unit to function properly, it has to be installed properly. The installation process can be done by Myrtle Beach HVAC professionals who are trained and certified for this specific task; but the services of these professionals cost a huge amount of money. If you want to save some cash, you can opt to do it yourself, or do the basic necessary preparations and hire a licensed contractor for the actual installation process.
However you choose to install your HVAC unit, here are some important things you need to keep in mind.
- Learn everything you can about installing an air conditioning unit so that you will be better able to converse with your HVAC contractor, helping him make any necessary changes to the plan or blueprint.
- You can opt to heed the various “do it yourself” programs and tips offered through the internet. But, keep in mind that any mistake or wrong step you take may cause bigger damage not only to your HVAC unit, but also to your house. As a result, you will end up spending more than what you intended.
- Read through the entire manufacturer’s manual of your air conditioning unit. You are provided with that document for a reason. And, it’s not just to go through when you experience problems with your unit. You NEED to read it thoroughly before planning for the installation.
- If you do not have proper training and certification to handle refrigerant or coolant, do not attempt to install your air conditioning unit on your own. Hire a licensed contractor to do the job.
- It is always best to hire a professional and licensed electrician to handle the electrical part of the installation. The building or property where the air conditioner will be installed will have to be inspected. To ensure your property will pass the inspection, hire only licensed professionals.
- If there is a need to acquire permits and licenses, prepare and accomplish this first before starting work on the installation process.
- Ensure all necessary materials and tools are available for the contractor to use at least several days before the actual installation work begins. This will make it easier and faster for your contractor to finish the job. But if you hired a professional who will provide all the necessary materials, you don’t need to prepare and ready anything.
- If you intend to install your air conditioner on your own, follow everything that is said in your manufacturer’s manual, particularly the required distance of the outside unit to your home, an electric post, or gas meter.
- Pay close attention to building and installation codes set in your city and state.
For more information in installing your HVAC system, call Air Comfort Heating and Cooling in Myrtle Beach.
Air Comfort Heating & Cooling
4555 Highway 17 Bypass South
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Conway, Loris, Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, Atlantic Beach, Briarcliffe Acres, Surfside Beach, Bucksport, Forestbrook, Garden City, Little River, Red Hill, Socastee, Carolina Forest, Cherry Grove, Cool Spring, Fantasy Harbour, Gallivants Ferry, Green Sea, Longs, Pine Island, Springmaid Beach